Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Be Honest - Do I Seem Like A Yank To You Lot?

Dumb Brit points out in the comments to this post that I have apparently come to the attention of another 'proper journalist' recently...but apparently I come across as, as he puts it:

"A very angry American chap calls himself "DangerouslySubversiveDad" but never writes anything about fatherhood, apparently using the "dad" moniker to excuse his rabidly outspoken political views."

He does however add the following:

"Or perhaps his message is simply that you can still be a father and be interesting. With so much evidence out there on the net to the contrary, perhaps he has a point."

Well, where to start? Yes, I am aware that the odd reader of this site has arrived here because they are searching for 'Dad-related' material - or other more unsavoury types of 'Dad' material. Though I don't claim that this element reaches quite the same proportion that this guy's smiliar element does, it is still a readership I think I could somewhat live without.

I wonder what would make someone think I was American? I do try to be as Anglocentric as possible with posts, but inevitably news from outside the UK box occasionally has to trump domestic material - I assume our friendly Telegraph reporter didnt manage to find this post though. Bit of a giveaway that one when you think about it.

I liked the 'excusing' my views part. Why parenthood would be seen as any kind of a shield against criticism I have no idea - in my experience male parenthood most definitely tends to attract it rather than deflect it. Being yelled at in a Mothercare 'Parent and Baby' Room by an irate breastfeeder springs to mind...'But you're not a woman, you don't understand!'

For the record, I have never seen any need to 'excuse' my views...guess you'd all probably worked that one out already though, right?

Rabidly outspoken I can't really argue with. Can't see the damn point in having this damn Blog and spending time composing these little missives if I dont tell it like I think it is, or rather should be.

But hey, why shouldnt things be more 'family-oriented' on this Blog? So come all ye Rabid Rightwingers, give your tired, huddled parenting anecdotes yearning to be free...maybe we can even make Mr Leonard think us 'Phony Dads' have their mushy moments too.

UPDATE: Oooh, and the Times as well ...

5 Comments:

Blogger Phu said...

Glad to see you've become net-famous DSD.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Dangerouslysubversivedad said...

Yes, you Imperialist Aggressor/Oppressor you.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Jimmy K. said...

W.A.S.P. no matter the country. We all sound alike in the end. Jimmy K. in Texas

4:26 AM  
Blogger Jimmy K. said...

W.A.S.P. we all say the same things. I thought by the word Cronulla you meant Corona beer from Mexico and just misspelled it. Me being a red neck in Texas. Congrats You seem to be "movin on up"

4:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hit the big time eh.
Hold the front page!

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Gang Rape Of Palestinian Women? Of Course, Its the Jews Fault!
  • When The Truth Is A Casualty
  • Snigger Snigger Snigger
  • Kinky Goings On In Blue-Rinse Land
  • Asian Men Predisposed To Rape - BNP. Oops, No It Wasn't, It Was The New Black Party
  • Well Done Everyone. The Paedophiles Can Just Keep On Going
  • I Wish All These People Had Been Aborted
  • The PC PCs Make A Grand Decision
  • Media Invesigation Uncovers Secret Cartoon Conspiracy
  • Have I Got News For You
  • This Could Be Baghdad, Or Anywhere, Hollywood Or Home
  • They Aren't Peace Protesters To Me
  • No Dogs, Cartoonists Or Rightwingers Please
  • Invasion Of The Grey Criminals
  • I Can't Think Of Anything Else To Say But Fuck You
  • The Language Of Deceit
  • Local Elections Part 2 - Fraud And Deceit In Birmingham
  • Local Elections - Every Vote Was A Vote For Racism
  • I Don't Care What Your Opinion Is. Give Me The Gun And A Single Round
  • Smells Really Nasty To Me
  • So Sick Of It All
  • There Is Nothing That A Muslim Or A Journalist Won't Do...
  • A Fisking! A Fisking!
  • Al-Reuters: Rabbits In The Headlights